Here are some helpful tips to help you prepare before test day.
1. Be sure to check your admissions ticket for the address to confirm which of the three locations your test will be held:
HCHS at 94th St. between Park and Madison Avenues
Hunter College – West Building at 68th St.and Lexington Ave.
Hunter College – North Building at 69th St. between Park and Lexington Ave.
2. Get organized in advance to alleviate unnecessary stress on the day of by preparing:
Your admission ticket (a must!)
3 sharpened pencils and an erasable black pen
A wrist watch to help you pace and keep track of time
Tic-tacs or candy to stay awake during the exam
A water bottle – if necessary
3. Be sure to double check your answer sheet before submitting.
4. Brainstorm for the best, unique essay!
5. Be an active reader and underline as needed!
6. Don’t stress!
– enjoy the process…you are privileged!
Kick the brain into action so that it’s ready to work by the time the test starts, not waking up after question 15. Read this poem on your way to take the test to wake yourself up and get your brain stimulated!