Kent Prep offers comprehensive admissions preparation for families interested in sending children to private and boarding schools in the US and UK, and universities in the US. When it comes to academic planning, it may seem like there are a million things to think about at any grade level. Our Academic Consultation services follow precise timelines that keep families on track and in the know throughout middle school and high school. Highly experienced counselors provide step-by-step tips that cover everything from taking the right classes, enrolling in effective extracurricular activities, making lists of private schools or colleges, to filling out forms and applications on time.
• In-depth 60-minute consultation with student and parents to make an initial assessment and begin a discussion about academic goals. Using gathered information and comprehensive evaluation of academic and extracurricular records, an expert consultant will provide recommendations based on a student’s individual strengths and weaknesses.
• In advance of this consultation, we request a student’s transcript, any testing they’ve completed, a list of extracurriculars, Naviance log-in information if possible, etc. During this initial consultation, we will provide an idea of next steps and what we can do to help meet these goals.
• Includes Initial Consultation
• School Matching & Personalized College List
• Admissions Action Plan, Timeline & Schedule
• Master plan for remaining academic career through HS
• Regular vs. AP courses, PSAT/SAT/ACT/SAT II scheduling
Kent Prep's highly experienced team is dedicated to using their unique knowledge and professional experience to help students gain acceptance to highly selective schools.
School Admission Services
Our strategic approach includes individual, comprehensive, one-on-one advising from a dedicated admissions counselor who will work with your family from start to finish. Our flexible approach is designed to meet the needs of every student, enabling you and your advisor to collaborate via a combination of phone, email, and videoconference.
• College Admissions Action Plan, Timeline & Schedule
• College Matching & Personalized College List
• Major Selection + Career Path Assistance
• Admission Essay Writing Assistance
• Interview Coaching + Mock Interview with experienced Harvard U. Interviewer
• Acquiring Letters of Recommendation
• College Resume Building: Academic + Extracurricular Activities
• Searching and Applying for Scholarships
• Financial Aid Consulting & Form Explanations
There are so many questions that can be asked and numerous tasks that need to be addressed to successfully tackle the college admission process. Kent Prep’s team of counselors can guide you through the process as early as in 5th grade to make sure you don’t miss any deadlines and opportunities to ensure you gain admittance into the top school of your choice.
• Initial student, parent, and counselor consultation
Structure Academic Profile
• Gauge proficiency through relevant mock exams (SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE, etc) • Review current school GPA • Create school selection list fit with academic profile
• Analyze and update school selection • Examine application and requirements • Develop admission essays if required • Draft timeline of admission dates and processes • Review early decision and waitlist procedure
• Final review of school choices & respective requirements • Organize presentation of skills, achievements, and extracurricular activities; create resume • Guided assembly of effective recommendation letters • Fine tune and finalize application for submission