Regents (9~10th Grade)
New York Regents High School Exams are mandatory exams in New York State that targets required knowledge in specific subject areas. In order to graduate high school in New York, a student must earn a Regents High School Diploma.
United States History and Government, Global History and Geography, English Language Arts, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Earth Science/The Physical Setting, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Most Regents exams are three hours long, with the exception of the Earth Science exam, which consists of an approximately 41-minute laboratory component.
The test has two parts. The first part is made up of multiple-choice section of usually 30 and 50 questions. The second is a long-answer/essay section consisting of either a selection of questions that require work to be shown, or a set of essay topics.
The passing score is a 65. If you child fails the exam, it illustrates that your child did not successfully understand the content of the course. This may result in having to retake the course in the summer or the fall.
If your child is preparing to take any of the math or ELA Regents Exams, our program is the perfect way to do well in the courses and prepare for the tests. We begin by giving your child a placement test to pinpoint your child’s strengths and weaknesses and identify where we should concentrate when preparing for this exam.
2017 Fall: 9/9/2017– 1/6/2018 (16 weeks)
- Saturdays: 9:00AM – 2:45 PM (30 minute lunch period)
- Students take four 80-minute classes that reinforce test material and techniques
- SAT I Math
- Vocabulary and Essay Writing
- SAT I Reading Comprehension
Supplemental Friday Writing Course: 9/15/2017 – 1/12/2018(4:30PM-6:30PM)
- Advanced AP writing standards
- College Essay Writing Preparation
2018 summer: 7/9 – 8/23 (7 weeks)
- Mon.– Thurs., 9:00AM – 1:45 PM (20 minute lunch period)
- Students take two classes a day and 4 subjects in total
- Pre-tests and homework assignments reinforce material taught in class
- Small groups are led by test specialists and subject specific teachers to improve score potential and GPAs
- Regents Geometry / Algebra
- High School Biology
- Regents Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary and Writing